Wednesday, July 22, 2015

ShabuKu: I'm Park Branch @ Sam Yan, Bangkok - ชาบูกู สาขาแอมพาร์ค @ สามย่าน กรุงเทพฯ

Cuisine: Shabu Shabu
Charged Price: THB300 per person without alcohol
Visited: 19 May 2015
Food: 5/10
Atmosphere: 3/10
Value for money: 7/10
Services: 3/10
Scale: [1=poor ---- 5=average/standard ---- 10=outstanding/exceptional]

Shabu Shabu and buffet!!!!  Yes indeed, it's something widely popular here in Bangkok. The quality does not have to be excellent but quantity and pricing are extremely attractive. ShabuKu is another franchise that was not long ago launched its branch at I'm Park (the late Suan Luang at Sam Yan). ShabuKu at I'm Park is on the 3rd floor. It's size is just comfortable: not too small that you would feel crowded and not too big that staffs can be inefficient. Being at I'm Park, I guess its key customers would be university (Chulalongkorn University) during day time and more from office workers during after-work hour. I'm Park may be in Sam Yan which can be reached via MRT. However, it is too distance in my view to walk from MRT station especially during Summer: motorbike taxi from MRT Sam Yan station is a more appropriate choice. If you do drive, it is not a problem at all as there are plenty of parking lots, except possible traffic jam during rush hours.

ShabuKu: I'm Park Branch @ Sam Yan, Bangkok

easy and simple atmosphere

ShabuKu Soup (ซุปชาบูกู) n' Classic Shabu Soup (ซุปน้ำใส)

chili sauce and ponzu sauce

Here you get 2 choices of buffet THB279 and THB379 net. The difference between the two options is mainly the missing choices of beef and seafood for the former one. When ordering, you will also get to choose 2 choices of soup out of 4 for your hot pot. As in my case, I went for the classic shabu soup and ShabuKu Soup. Both were acceptable.

I would say that THB279 net per pax for unlimited of food is impressive. Quality of pork here was not bad at all. Many other shabu shabu buffet disappointed me pretty badly. But it is not the case here. I would say it's at standard level really. One that I would urge those you want to give ShabuKu at I'm Park a try is tender minced pork. It's really tender and flavoursome. Pork liver was fresh. Side dishes like fried chicken were also enjoyable.

Well, I wouldn't know what to say much about shabu shabu buffet really, except ShabuKu at I'm Park is worth a try. It's pricing won't break your bank definitely. I would say hanging out here with friends is another good way to spend your time wisely. In general I am not a fan of any buffet meal but this place did impress me.

P.S. Eat sensibly for the meal before one at ShabuKu. Else you might be really full. Bon appetit!!!

It's a feast!!!

pork shoulder (หมูสันคอ) n' pork sirloin (หมูสันนอก)

pork belly (หมูสามชั้น)

marinated pork (หมูกูหมักในตำนาน)

tender minced pork (หมูกูเด้งในตำนาน)

mixed vegetable (ผักรวม)

tofu (เต้าหู้ปลา)

fish dumpling (เกี๊ยวปลา)

pork liver (ตับหมู)

it's simply egg

garlic fried rice (ข้าวผัดกระเทียม)

fried chicken (ไก่ทอดคาราเกะ)

wakame salad (ยำสาหร่าย)

taro ice-cream (ไอศครีมเผือก)

ShabuKu: I'm Park Branch @ Sam Yan, Bangkok - ชาบูกู สาขาแอมพาร์ค @ สามย่าน กรุงเทพฯ
Floor 3 I'm Park
353 Soi Chulalongkorn 5
Wang Mai, Pathum Wan
Bangkok 10330
Thailand

Open Hours: daily from 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Tel: +66 (0) 2214 4524
FBhttps://www.facebook.com/shabukuimpark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips